You have full control and can add any competencies you want to track for your organization.
Now, with Huma, you can track a wide range of competencies, Choose between five different categories:
...such as communication, teamwork and collaboration, problem-solving, leadership, adaptability or something else. A skill can also be other kind of knowledge such as Office 365, Photoshop, Figma, Java, HTML, SwiftUI.
...such as proficiency in Norwegian, Swedish, English, and others. The language level scale is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), an international standard for describing language ability.
This is where you’ll register your courses, HSE-certificates, driver license and more. Does the certificate have an expiry date? Perfect, we’ll let your or the administrator know when it’s time to renew/update your certificate.
Choose between predefined degrees such as bachelor's, master's, or PhD degrees. You can also specify the field of study and school for reference.
...such as project or work experience
Everyone with the system permission "Competence management" can register competence and manage the types of competence available.
Add a competency to a specific person:
- Go to "Add competence"
- Choose one of the categories
- Pick one of the competency types (Follow these steps to create a new type)
- Choose person that should have this competence
- Add notes, documentations, dates or levels depending on what's available for that type
- Required information is marked with a star (*)
- Save and the competence has been added and can be found under All competences and under that persons competency
> TIP: If you want to create another competency just check the "Add another one" toggle.
Add types and define required fields
- Go to "Add competency"
- Choose one of the categories
- Choose "Add type"
- Define the name of the type
(Language: Choose one of the languages in the list)
(Education: Choose one of the degrees listed - Don't find the right one? Choose "other")
- Define what information that should be required*.
- Click save and the type will be added as a competency.
Required information that hasn't been filled out will be highlighted with a status.
All competencies contain a list of all types of competencies added to your organization.
The list of types can be filtered
- Filter on category: List only competency for the selected categories
- Filter on teams and location: List only competency for members of team or location
- Filter on status: List only competency that has expired, expire soon, where documentation is missing or where required fields are missing.
Open a competency and see a list of people with this competency.
To see the competency for members of a specific team or location you can simply navigate to the team and then "Competence". All competence added to members of that team or location are listed.
Your competence (and a colleagues competence)
Here you'll find the competence that belongs to you.
The same view you'll find if you navigate to "competence" under a colleagues profile.
The list is divided into 5 different category sections based on what's added.
If required fields are missing, or the certification are about to expire, a warning will be displayed on the category section.
How to find and bridge the competence gap in your organization?
Read more about our awesome Competence Gap analysis tool here that will help you identify competence gaps within your organization.