How to register and manage absence and get an overview of registered absence
This is how you register and edit absence:
- Click the absence type you want to register for
- Select the from/to date and press Done. If you want, you can add a comment to describe where or why you will be absent.
If the absence type requires approval, a notification is sent to the person/persons who have absence access on your profile. As an admin (with a system role with full access to Absence) your absence will be approved automatically.
By clicking the already registered absence, you can Add to calendar (Outlook, Google or ICS file), or edit the absence if changes occur.
This is how you can see who is away:
- Click Calendar, you will now see who is away for the selected time-period.
- You can filter the view (Absence type, Teams, Locations) if you want to look closer at certain elements (e.g. who is on parental leave in the location Oslo).
- You can navigate left or right to view historical and future registrations (private entries are limited to one month back and forth for regular employees)
Regular employees will only see private entries as 'Away' in the Calendar view.
Admins or people with a specific role in Huma will be able to click to see details and also edit absence registrations made by others.
Absences can be submitted as requests, which must be approved by a manager. To set up approval, you must enter the absence type under Settings and turn on Require approval. The manager will then receive the requests and can approve, reject or change the absence entry. All parties involved receive a notification by email and/or push.
Team managers and supervisors with a system role with full access to Absence will get notified when their subordinates register or edit absence.
Admins with a system role with full access to Absence will get notified by all registrations and edited absence.
You can choose which notifications you want to receive under your User account settings.
This is how you export absence data
An export can be useful for different purposes, e.g. for import to a payroll system or to analyse absence data in a spreadsheet.
- Click Export
- Select the absence type(s) you want to include in the export
- Select the time period you would like to export data from
- Select if you want to include all employees in the export, specific teams or locations, or the entire organization
- Select if you would like all details or only the balance
- Click Generate report to finish. You will then receive an e-mail with the requested export.